Updated 09 September 2021
Our audiences, artists and staff are at the centre of everything we do. As we welcome you back to our indoor shows we want you to reassure you that we’re doing everything we can make you feel as safe as possible.
We’re following the official government guidance on working safely and liaising with local authorities. We're also putting into practice the invaluable experience of our open-air performances. There are also separate, rigorous protocols for artists and staff that will be used throughout rehearsals and into performances.
Following the government’s announcement in July 2021 and the further relaxing of restrictions, we have updated our protocols accordingly.
According to Government guidelines, from 19 July we are no longer being forced to keep our distance from each other, however we are also aware that some people may be nervous of sudden changes, so we have decided to keep all rows 1m+ apart, and seating blocks 0.5m apart.
Although the wearing of face coverings is no longer mandatory we strongly encourage all audience members to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit, especially when moving around (unless exempt). Our Front of House & Steward Teams will continue to wear face coverings and use all necessary PPE
Additional audience measures at a glance:
- Venue is a large airy church
- Reduced audience numbers
- No access to the site until at least 45 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Clear signage and one-way routes where applicable
- Hand sanitiser stations for patrons and protective equipment for staff
- Regular and thorough cleaning of toilets and seating
- Your booking confirmation email will act as your ticket (no physical tickets will be issued)
- Onsite bar will be open for walk ups upon arrival and the interval
- Contactless payments - no cash handling
- All staff and artists are being tested twice a week
PROTOCOLS IN DETAILADVANCE BOOKING
- We strongly recommend that you book your tickets in advance via our website. We have a limited number of seats per performance, so please check the website for latest availability.
- Our Box Office team are currently operating on reduced staff numbers, so we request you do not call the Box Office to make your booking.
- No paper tickets will be issued. Your e-confirmation, sent to the email you provide at the time of booking, will act as your ticket. You can print this off or show it on your phone. If you are not able to do either of these, please contact [email protected]
- On arrival at the venue, our Front of House Manager will meet you and ask for your name and the size of your party. This will be checked off against our list.
- Your seats will be allocated on arrival and our Front of House Team will safely show you to them.
ARRIVING AT THE PERFORMANCE
- Please do not attend the venue if:
- In the last 10 days, you have developed Covid-19 symptoms (a new, continuous cough, lost your sense of smell or taste, or had a high temperature);
- In the last 10 days, you have tested positive for Covid-19;
- In the last 10 days, you have been in close proximity with anyone who has experienced symptoms or tested positive for Covid-19;
- You have arrived in England in the last 14 days and are not covered by the exemption rules relating to self-isolation; or
- You have been told to self-isolate.
- You may be asked to confirm these questions when you arrive on site.
- We ask that you arrive no more than 45 minutes before your allotted performance.
- When you arrive for your scheduled performance, you may need to queue. Please observe any signage we have put out at the venue.
- There will be a specific route throughout the venue. Please follow any guidance issued by our stewards or signage.
- Ideally audiences should walk, cycle or use a private vehicle to travel to our venue. If unable to avoid public transport patrons must wear a mask, sanitise hands after touching surfaces and maintain good social distancing. Off-peak travel times have been taken into account with regards to scheduling.
Do I need to check in still?
No. As of 19 July, venues are no longer legally required to ask customers, visitors and staff to “check in”. However, but as at all other leisure venues, our venue for Hans Christian Andersen will still have an NHS QR code poster to use should you wish, using the NHS Covid-19 app.
- Seating will be set out in advance, in socially distanced blocks. Seating will be allocated according to your booking by our Front of House Manager.
- Our Front of House Team will show you to your seats.
- Seating is NOT to be move under any circumstances.
- Do NOT bring your own seating.
- There will be one interval.
MOVING AROUND THE VENUE
We kindly request you limit your movement around the venue as necessary and respect the needs of your fellow audience members.
We strongly encourage all audience members to wear a face covering for the duration of their visit, especially when moving around, unless exempt.
You may visit the toilets at any time during the show, do not feel you have to wait until the interval.
PATRONS REQUIRED TO ISOLATE/ABANDONMENT OF EVENT DUE TO COVID
Tickets for TALES FROM HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN are purchased as NON-REFUNDABLE & NON-EXCHANGEABLE
We are a small theatre company and our ticket revenue is vital to our survival. We also want you to be able to book your tickets with confidence and see the show you want to see. Therefore, although tickets for Tles from Hans Christian Andersen are sold as non-refundable/non-exchangeable, should you (and/or your party) be required to ISOLATE there will be a recording of the live show made available for you to watch at home. Should GSC need to cancel/abandon the event/performance due to UK Government restrictions related to COVID-19 being enforced this film will likewise be made available. Recording FAQS
In the event of an abandoned or cancelled performance due to further circumstances outside of the Management’s control (also see weather policy below), tickets will be honoured for another performance in the run, subject to availability. Details will be given to ticket holders at the time of the announcement.
FACILITIES & REFRESHMENTS & PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- There will be an onsite bar open for walk ups, both pre-show and at the interval.
- We request that you only bring with you the minimum of personal belongings.
- Do bring a bottle of water with you.
NHS TEST & TRACE
This is no longer mandatory, however as with all other leisure venues we continue to support the NHS Test & Trace programme where audiences choose to check-in.
Read more about NHS Test and Trace
DOWNLOAD OUR FULL PROTOCOLS:
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected]