How are we making our performances COVID-Secure?
We can't wait to welcome you back to our performances, and to ensure everyone is safe - audiences, artists, staff - we are putting new measures in place.
These protocols are based on the fact that our audiences and our artists are at the centre of everything we do, so we’re following the official government guidance on working safely during the coronavirus pandemic to make sure we’re Covid-secure.
Our measures at a glance:
- Reduced audience numbers
- Clear signage and one-way system
- Seating placed 2m apart in the open-air
- Face coverings for our Box Office and Steward Team
- Hand sanitiser stations and protective equipment for staff
- Regular and thorough cleaning.
- Contactless payments
- No onsite bar facilities
You can read the full details of how this event will be Covid-secure below.
NHS TEST & TRACE
We are supporting the NHS Test & Trace programme. The UK Government has asked organisations to do this in order to keep our communities safe. This means that if you attend our live performances we'll collect your data and some information about you, so that we can help the NHS Test & Trace service in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] (please don;t call the Box Office number as we are operating on a limited staff)
Protocols in detailADVANCE BOOKING
- We request that you book your tickets in advance via our website. We have a limited number of seats per performance, so please check the website for latest availability.
- Our Box Office team are currently operating on reduced staff numbers, so we request you do not call the Box Office to make your booking.
- When booking your tickets, we ask that you book only for members of your own household, or members of your support bubble household.
- No paper tickets will be issued. Your e-confirmation, sent to the email you provide at the time of booking will act as your ticket.
- On arrival at Racks Close, our Front of House Manager will meet you and ask for your name and the size of your party. This will be checked off against our list.
- Your seats will be allocated on arrival and our Front of House Team will safely show you to them.
ARRIVING AT THE PERFORMANCE
We ask that if you, or any of your party, meet any of the following criteria on the day of the performance, that you do not attend:
- In the last 7 days, have developed a new, continuous cough, lost your sense of smell or taste, or had a high temperature.
- In the last 21 days, have tested positive for Covid-19.
- In the last 21 days, have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- In the last 21 days, have been contacted by NHS Test and Trace system and told to self-isolate.
You may be asked to confirm these questions when you arrive on site.
We ask that you arrive NO MORE THAN 10 minutes before your scheduled performance. If you do you will be asked to come back.
When you arrive for your scheduled performance, you may need to queue. Please observe the social distancing markers we have put out.
- Seating in the three sites we are using (Castle Gardens, Castle Cliffe and Racks Close) will be set out in advance. Seating will be allocated according to your booking.
- To accommodate bubbles as much as possible , there will be pairs of seats and single seats available. If you are attending in a group of more than two people, you will not all be able to sit together, but the arrangement of seating will ensure everyone remains 2m metres apart.
- Our Front of House Team will show you to your seats.
- Seating is NOT to be move under any circumstances.
- Do NOT bring your own seating.
- Seating will be thoroughly cleaned after each audience has left that site.
- We request that you remain in seat once taken, and only move when instructed to do so either by a GSC cast member or Front of House Steward.
- You will be seated for approx. 25 mins at the most at each of the three performance areas.
FACILITIES & REFRESHMENTS & PERSONAL BELONGINGS
- In order to ensure minimum dwell time and numbers on site, there will be no onsite bar or refreshments available.
- Picnicking is NOT allowed.
- We request that you only bring with you the minimum of personal belongings that you require for this 75 minute performance.
- Do bring a bottle of water with you.
- To ensure minimum touch points and reduce numbers gathering, there will be NO interval and NO toilet facilities at the performance. The nearest public facilities are on Tunsgate.
NHS TEST & TRACE, AND YOUR DATA PRIVACY
- In accordance with UK Government protocols, we will collect your booking data, so that we can take part in the NHS Test and Trace service and help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- If you start to display symptoms of Covid-19 (a new, continuous cough, lost sense of smell or taste, or a high temperature), we advise you to book a test for Covid-19 via the Government’s website. If you test positive, you will need to inform the NHS Test and Trace team that you have attended the theatre, when they contact you.
- They will then collect data from us about other audience members who attended this performance, and inform them.
- You can read more about NHS Test and Trace and our data policy here
These protocols will be regularly reviewed and amended as necessary. Latest update: 06 August 2020
Download our full Protocols: