TERMS & CONDITIONS
All tickets for Guildford Shakespeare Company are purchased and issued in accordance with the following Terms & Conditions.
Tickets for BOEING, BOEING, GONE! are purchased as NON-REFUNDABLE
EXCHANGES - AUTUMN & WINTER SEASONS ONLY
Tickets may be exchanged no later than 48hrs prior to the performance starting that you have booked for. There is a £2.50 fee for EACH ticket exchanged. GSC Friends may exchange their tickets free of charge. All exchanges are subject to availability. To exchange your tickets please contact our Box Office team on 01483 304384.
*FRIENDS/PATRON/BENEFACTOR EXCHANGES - Applicable to ALL performances. Friends, Patrons and Benefactors may exchange their tickets no later than 48hrs prior to the performance starting booked for. There is no exchange fee.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Latecomers will not be admitted due to the safety protocols in place for this performance.
- The use of cameras, tape recorders or any other electronic or digital recording, photographing, imaging or audio devices is not allowed during the performance.
- Mobile phones, beepers and pagers must be switched off at all times.
- Ticket holders consent to the recording and filming of themselves as members of the audience by the Management for future promotional, funding archival purposes. Notices will be posted should this be taking place.
- GSC cannot take responsibility for any personal property.
- Smoking and the use of E-cigarettes is not permitted in the audience seating areas or inside any venues.
- GSC reserves the right to refuse admittance to any ticket holder who appears to be intoxicated, and no refunds will be given.
CARE AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR VENUES
- Our venues are beautiful places and take a lot of work to look after, please respect this during your visit, and the environment of local residents when leaving the venue. We therefore ask you to take responsibility for helping us to protect these venues from harm by treating them with respect.
- GSC cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused by you to these premises.
- GSC requests that you read these full Terms & Conditions and FAQ's in advance of your visit, and respect any guidance given by our FOH team, in terms of looking after your own safety during your time at these venues.
- GSC kindly ask that you take any litter, including picnic waste, with you when leaving the venues.
For our Open-Air performances both the stage and audience seating are completely uncovered. GSC kindly reminds you that the British weather can be changeable and localised.
GSC will perform in all weathers, and will only abandon a performance in the event of extreme bad weather.
- Performances are never abandoned before the advertised starting time. Once underway a performance will continue even if it does begin to rain, and the company will make every effort to complete the performance.
- GSC reserves the right to stop and start the action as necessary.
- If abandonment is unavoidable, you may exchange your ticket for any remaining performance during the same season subject to availability. In this instance, please retain your ticket for validation purposes. Refunds are NOT given for abandoned performances due to weather.
- Decisions on abandonment are made solely by GSC and such decisions will not be made until the scheduled start time.
- We kindly request that umbrellas are not used as they create problems of noise and visibility.
- A sunny day is perfect weather for open-air theatre, but please note that both audience and actors are not undercover. Performances will continue and not be cancelled. Refunds or exchanges cannot be made due to the heat.
- We advise you to bring sun-cream and hats, and wherever possibly whilst picnicking and in the interval use the shade of the trees and buildings. Parasols may be used but you may asked to sit further back so as not obscure the view of other audience members.
- Also make sure you have a good supply of water with you.
1. Free Trial Session
i. Prospective students are entitled to one free trial session.
ii. The offer of a free trial session does not constitute an offer of a place.
iii. The first session is free if the student decides NOT to attend the rest of the term. If they do attend for the term the session is chargeable at the normal rate.
iv. A place may be offered following the free trial session at the sole discretion of Guildford Shakespeare Company.
i. All fees are due on or before the start of each term. For the GSC Young Company only, a non-refundable deposit is required to secure your child’s place.
ii. Accepted forms of payment are BACS transfer, Cheque or Cash. Cheques must be made payable to “Guildford Shakespeare Company.”
iii. Fees are charged per term and there are no reductions or refunds for missed classes due to sickness, holidays or any other reason except in exceptional circumstances at the sole discretion of Guildford Shakespeare Company.
iv. For the GSC Young Company only, an option to pay for each term in two instalments is available. This option is at the discretion of GSC and MUST be agreed in writing by Guildford Shakespeare Company before the start of term.
v. Fee tariffs are reviewed termly. Up to date tariffs will be published on the Guildford Shakespeare Company website.
vi. All fees are non-refundable.
i. Students must follow all instructions and rules including those in relation to punctuality, presentation and behaviour. Failure to do so will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions.
ii. Guildford Shakespeare Company will not tolerate rudeness, bullying, or any inappropriate behaviour. If a student is persistently disruptive, whether before, during or after classes, Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right to exclude that student on a temporary or permanent basis at its sole discretion.
iii. Guildford Shakespeare Company clubs are practical and physical and we ask that all students wear appropriate clothes for moving in. All jewellery should be removed prior to class and long hair should be neatly tied back.
iv. Food and drink may only be consumed at break times.
v. Mobile phones must be switched off for the duration of the class.
vi. You understand and agree that teachers at Guildford Shakespeare Company may use tactile feedback and instruction with students to support verbal feedback and instruction where appropriate. This is to ensure safe practice.
vii. A basic first aid kit is kept on the premises and staff members at Guildford Shakespeare Company may administer basic first aid to students if necessary. However, to the fullest extent permitted by law, teachers and Guildford Shakespeare Company shall not be responsible for any injuries or accidents taking place during our clubs that are outside our reasonable control.
viii. If a student needs to take any of their own medication, whether self-administered or otherwise, Guildford Shakespeare Company must be informed in writing. In any event, Guildford Shakespeare Company accepts no responsibility for administering such medication (and/or the effects of the same) and the student’s parent/guardian assumes full responsibility.
ix. Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right to permit the recording and photographing of students by staff (or by third party photographers or filming companies on behalf of Guildford Shakespeare Company) and audience members during an open class, show or event, unless it has been expressed otherwise at the time of the student's registration.
x. Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right where appropriate to record or photograph students for educational purposes, unless it has been expressed otherwise at the time of the student's registration.
xi. Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right, where appropriate and permission has been given, to record or photograph students for marketing purposes, unless it has been expressed otherwise at the time of the student's registration.
4. Parents and guardians (all references to “parent(s)” include guardians)
i. It is the responsibility of parents to ensure and be satisfied that students are fit and healthy to attend classes at Guildford Shakespeare Company.
ii. Parents should ensure that students are punctual for classes and are collected promptly at the end of classes. Guildford Shakespeare Company must be notified before the start of the class if a student will be collected by someone else.
iii. Guildford Shakespeare Company must be informed of any dates that students will be unable to attend e.g. school trips, holidays etc. at least one week in advance.
iv. Students are not permitted to leave the premises unless accompanied by an adult. Any exceptions must be arranged in writing with Guildford Shakespeare Company.
v. In the event a known absence will occur, parents should notify Guildford Shakespeare Company via email or text message prior to the start of the class.
vi. Smoking, vaping and alcohol are strictly prohibited on the premises.
vii. Parents are responsible for ensuring the personal contact details of pupils are up to date. Any change of information is to be notified via email.
viii. Guildford Shakespeare Company will not tolerate threatening or aggressive behaviour for any reason, including where staff are attempting to enforce these terms and conditions. Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right at its absolute discretion to immediately terminate the contract between you and Guildford Shakespeare Company if in Guildford Shakespeare Company’s opinion a parent or guardian of a student acts in a threatening, aggressive or otherwise inappropriate manner towards any member of Guildford Shakespeare Company staff, any student or other parent or third party. In the event of any such termination, Guildford Shakespeare Company shall have no further liability whatsoever to you.
ix. If any parent fails to follow these terms and conditions or attempts to prevent any Guildford Shakespeare Company staff member from seeking or attempting to enforce these terms and conditions, Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right immediately to terminate the contract with you and/or exclude your child from attending further classes at Guildford Shakespeare Company on a temporary or permanent basis, without further liability to you.
i. Guildford Shakespeare Company accepts no liability for any injuries sustained whilst participating in our clubs.
ii. Guildford Shakespeare Company accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of personal belongings or property. This includes venue car parks.
iii. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall in any way limit Guildford Shakespeare Company’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability which cannot be excluded at law.
6. Other Information
i. Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff.
ii. If you have any questions, recommendations and requests about any of the classes, facilities or services Guildford Shakespeare Company provides, an email should be sent to: [email protected].
iii. Additional rules and guidelines or updates to these terms and conditions may be published from time to time on the Guildford Shakespeare Company website and emailed. Your child’s continuing attendance at Guildford Shakespeare Company will amount to acceptance of such updated terms and conditions.
iv. Please note that if any parent or student is in material or persistent breach of any of these terms and conditions, Guildford Shakespeare Company reserves the right immediately to terminate the contract with you and/or exclude your child from attending further classes at Guildford Shakespeare Company on a temporary or permanent basis, without further liability to you.
Updated 06 November 2023 (GSC Trust Ltd.)