Salary £27,000 - £30,000, depending on experience | full-time, permanent
We are looking for an exceptional individual to fill this post. Someone with good all-round experience in Stage Management, of running theatre shows, venue liaison, looking after the cast and managing the stage management team and any technical freelance team members. Recruitment and contracting of these people along with the completion of Risk Assessments are all part of this job.
As GSC are a site-responsive theatre company, this role will also include procuring and manging any facilities that must be brought on site for the productions, such as portable toilets or generators.
You’ll be calm and good-humoured under pressure and an initiative-taker willing to ask for advice. You must be organised with excellent attention to detail.
In a supportive, non-corporate working environment, you will be an integral part of our small, hard-working team who thrive on making magical experiences.
- Experience of developing and managing community engagement projects.
- Excellent organisational skills including project, time and team management.
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills.
- Experience of creating and managing project budgets.
- A good range of stage management experience and positions.
- Experience of managing people.
- A passion for creating and delivering an ambitious range of site-responsive work.
- A full clean driving licence. Experience in driving vans would be a bonus.
- Willing to undergo a DBS check
- Previous experience of working in non-theatre spaces.
- Good all-round technical knowledge including basic lighting, sound and stage carpentry.
- First aid training.
- Any experience in production management a bonus
Closing Date Wednesday 13th April, 4pm
Interviews w/c 18 April
Application CV & covering letter to Beth Mann (CSM) [email protected]
Guildford Shakespeare Company is an equal opportunities employer. Read our full Equal Opportunities Policy