#ATHOMEWITHGSC - ONLINE SHOWS
THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS
Our hit Summer 2015 family show re-imagined for online performances - Poop Poop!!
Perfect for grown-ups too... as Matt (Mr Toad) explains below
"The most brilliantly entertaining evening I have had in a very long time... charming, hilarious, engaging and heart-warming" Audience 2015
Thursday 4 June, 7pm - SOLD OUT!
Friday 5 June, 3pm - BOOK NOW
Friday 5 June, 7pm - SOLD OUT!
Saturday 6 June, 3pm - BOOK NOW
Saturday 6 June, 7.30pm - SOLD OUT!
Sunday 7 June, 3pm - BOOK NOW
Sunday 7 June, 7pm - BOOK NOW
Running Time 75 mins (approx.)
Following the runaway success of our Murder Mysteries, we've joined forces with our friends at the Yvonne Arnaud Theatre and Jermyn Street Theatre, London, to bring our 2015 adaptation of Kenneth Grahame's endearing classic to a small screen near you!
Join the enchanting Ratty, Mole, Badger and reckless Mr Toad, as they do battle with the wicked Chief Weasel and sly Mr Fox. Motor-cars, boats and the battle for Toad Hall are all re-imagined in this unique LIVE performance. Luncheon baskets at the ready!
ANT STONES' adaptation, will feature a cast of six actors and is directed by TOM LITTLER, who directed the original five star production. Award-winning Sound Designer MATT EATON is also on board to help bring the Riverbank to life, along with Fight Director PHILIP D'ORLEANS who will be choreographing the final battle for Toad Hall.
The 75-minute show will also include elements of audience participation ensuring the immersive style of our work continues on this new platform.
Meet them on our YouTube channel
ROBERT MOUNTFORD plays Ratty, who most recently appeared as Parolles in our 2019 Autumn co-production of All's Well That Ends Well with Jermyn Street Theatre, and was also Polixenes in 2016's The Winter's Tale. SALLY CHENG, who takes the role of Mole, was last with GSC in the summer of 2018 playing Scarlett in Robin Hood and Moth/Katherine in Love’s Labour’s Lost.
Reprising their roles from the 2015 production, we're delighted to welcome back CHRIS PORTER as Badger (Love’s Labour’s Lost, Robin Hood, Julius Caesar, The Winter's Tale, Othello, The Taming of the Shrew, Twelfth Night, Henry V), and JOHANNE MURDOCK as Chief Weasel (Julius Caesar, The Taming of the Shrew, A Midsummer Night's Dream, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Hamlet, Richard III) .
Also reprising their 2015 roles of Fox and Mr Toad are GSC's Actor-Managers SARAH GOBRAN and MATT PINCHES.
Tickets strictly limited, and full instructions will be given. Unlike with the Murder Mysteries, there will be no break-out rooms, but there will be some audience participation!
Tickets £20 per device (max two people per device)
Family of 3?
- Book one device £20 (if you all want to be at the same one) and add a £10 donation to cover the extra family members.
Family of 4? There's two options:
- Book for two devices
- Book one device £20 (if you all want to be at the same one) and add a £20 donation to cover the extra family members.
"GSC’s innovative approach to live performance in lockdown offers a wealth of examples of how theatremakers can use platforms like Zoom as a performance space to create theatre in lockdown." Ben Broadribb, Medium.com
How it works:
- On the day of the performance you have booked for, you will receive an invitation by email.
- This invitation will include an electronic link which gives you access to the Riverbank.
- Your host will greet you on arrival, and once everyone is assembled provide you with full instructions.
- Please note, the Riverbank will not open before the scheduled start time.
- The performance is delivered by Zoom, and help will be given in advance of the event starting should you need it.
- Our team will also be on hand during the event should you have any technical problems.